My husband Ted and I learned to make this simple dish at a Tapas class. It takes maybe 10 minutes from start to finish. It was dinner tonight along with some crusty bread and a bottle of wine from our honeymoon.
1 lb. raw shrimp, devined (thawed if you purchased frozen)
1 or 2 small red peppers, think red jalapeno or fresno
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 Tbsp. olive oil
paprika (just a pinch or two)
salt & ground black pepper
- Seed and finely chop the pepper. If you want more heat you can always leave the seeds in.
- Heat the olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or so. Keep the garlic moving to prevent buring.
- Add the shrimp, chopped pepper and paprika to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the shrimp are pink. Stir frequently to ensure that both sides of the shrimp get a change to cook.
- Taste and add salt & pepper to taste.
This makes a nice appetizer or a main course for dinner. You could serve this with rice or noodles. The bread is great for soaking up the very flavorful oil.