White Chocolate Snack Mix
– adapted from an Alton Brown’s recipe for White Trash, no longer available from Alton but certainly searchable
Prep time: 15 minutes, give or take
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups Chrispix rice/corn cereal
- 8 ounces M&M’s plain chocolate candy
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cups small pretzels
- 1 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli brand preferred)
- Dump the cereals, M&Ms, nuts & pretzels in a large bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Melt very slowly, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Dump melted chocolate over the rest of the ingredients and fold over and over until you have well-coated hunks and chunks.
- Spread the whole mess out on parchment paper and set in a cool place until it sets up, then break it into pieces.
- Store in zip-top bags or air-tight containers.
Recipe can be doubled.