Tilapia is a go-to protein for us during the week. I keep a bag of warehouse store filets in the freezer. I can pull 3 filets out of the freezer, thaw them quickly in the sink while I prep a side dish and have dinner ready in 30 minutes.
Tonight we enjoyed the fish with a side of onion couscous and a quick salad of garden fresh tomatoes, thyme, a cucumber from a co-worker and a quick vinaigrette.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 3 Tilapia Filets (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Place thawed filets on a double-layer of paper towels. Blot dry with additional paper towels.
- Sprinkle the top side of each filet with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half (1/4 teaspoon) of the paprika over the filets as well.
- Place a non-stick skillet over high heat; add the butter and allow it to melt. Swirl the butter around the pan and then place the filet in seasoned side down. Reduce heat to medium.
- Allow the fish to cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. While fish cooks sprinkle the unseasoned side with salt, pepper and the remaining paprika.
- Using a wide spatula flip the fish and cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and serve.