This quick side dish can be ready in 10 minutes once the beans are trimmed.
Green Beans with Red Peppers and Walnut Oil
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 Tbsp. walnut oil
- fine sea salt & cracked black pepper
- Fill a sauce pan with about 1″ of water and set a steamer basket into the pan. Place the green beans and red pepper into the basket. Turn burner to high.
- When the water is boiling (and steam is thus produced) start a timer. Cook for 5-6 minutes. The beans should still have a slight crunch to it.
- Transfer green beans and red pepper to a bowl. Drizzle with walnut oil; sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper. Toss to coat. Serve.