Several years ago we subscribed to a CSA and received baby bok choy for several weeks in a row. I happened across this recipe in a magazine at the doctor’s office and gave it a try. It was a hit with a hint of garlic coming across under the lemon/sherry “dressing”.
Roasted Baby Bok Choy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 4 baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 generous Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. dry sherry
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a bowl toss the bok choy leaves, oil, garlic and salt until the oil and garlic are evenly distributed.
- Combine lemon zest and juice, tarragon, and sherry in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer bok choy to a rimmed baking pan and place on the lowest rack of the oven. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then give the bok choy a toss with a spatula. Cook for another 2-3 minutes; Bok choy is done when the leaves are wilted yet still crisp.
- Drizzle lemon/tarragon/sherry over the bok choy and serve.