I made this as part of the menu for my husband’s birthday bash this year. It came together very quickly and was very well received.
Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups frozen roasted corn, thawed
- 1 ping cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 avocados
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the thawed corn, halved tomatoes, lime zest and cilantro to a large bowl.
- Juice half of the lime into a smaller bowl. Halve an avocado, remove the pit, scoop out the yummy flesh and cut it into 1/4″ pieces. Toss with the lime juice and repeat for the second avocado. Add the avocado to the large bowl.
- Squeeze the other lime half into the larger bowl. Season with a big pinch of salt and a dozen grinds of black pepper. Stir well to incorporate.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 45 minutes for the lime and cilantro to season the dish.
Tossing the avocado with the lime juice is important as it help prevent the avocado from turning brown.
Take care when mixing everything together; a heavy hand will mush the avocado into a very chunky guacamole.
I think the original recipe came from Food Network.