Spinach with Raisins and Pine Nuts
Prep time: 35 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, medium dice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. spinach, well rinsed
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cover the raisins with ~1/2 hot water and allow to sit for 30 minutes to hydrate.
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until nuts are golden brown; shaking pan periodically.
- Wipe out skillet, return to medium heat and add the oil. Heat until shimmering; add onions and a generous pinch of salt. Toss to coat with oil and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic, toss and cook until fragrant (about 1 minutes).
- Add spinach, another generous pinch of salt and cover the pan. Cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Stir onions and spinach together. Continue to cook, uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes or until moisture has evaporated.
- Add lemon juice, raisins and pine nuts; stir to incorporate. Taste; add pepper and salt as desired.
If a lemon isn’t available add 1 tablespoon of cider or white vinegar.