The longer this salad is allowed to rest the more of the red wine vinegar and spices have a chance to flavor the beans.
Two Bean Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- 1 (29 oz.) can Goya Pinto Beans
- 1 (29 oz.) can Goya Small White Beans
- 1 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch parsley, rinsed, patted dry and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1tsp. Penzeys’ Mural of Flavor spice blend
(or 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp. ground coriander)
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the beans. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the onion and parsley.
- Combine the oil, vinegar and spice blend/pepper in a measuring cup. Vigorously mix with a fork to combine. Stir into the bean mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for ~2 hours or up to 24 hours. Stir periodically to distribute the dressing.
Based on a One Bean Salad from Goya that I found on the back of a can of beans.
Use a red onion if you want a more pronounced onion flavor.