I often wants a bit of a sauce or “dip” to go with grilled chicken. This week I saw a recipe that marinated chicken pieces in a yogurt mixture before grilling them. I decided to use the yogurt as the base for a dip instead. This one came out a fantastic shade of pink.
Roasted Red Pepper Yogurt sauce
Servings: 2 cups
Total time: 10 minutes
- 8 oz. roasted red peppers, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Za’atar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- Process the peppers for 30 seconds in a food processor. Transfer to a sieve and allow to drain for 8-10 minutes.
- Return the drain peppers to the food processor and add the remaining ingredients. Process for another 30 seconds until well combined.
- Taste for flavor and adjust salt if needed.
I used jarred roasted peppers in the original recipe however DIY roasted red peppers are pretty easy if you have the peppers on hand.